First Time Playing Phasmophobia? Read This Beginner's Guide First!
Welcome to Phasmophobia! As a paranormal investigator, you’re tasked to identify ghosts in haunted locations. Before heading into your first ghost hunt, it is wise to know your enemy first. We’re going to help you with this Phasmophobia ghost type guide! Before heading to the ghost type, we wanted to explain the evidence you need to find first to determine the ghost type you’re facing. So, without further ado, here's the evidence you need to find to determine which ghost type you're fighting!
Before heading out of your truck, don’t forget to bring your EMF (Electromagnetic Field) reader!
Always check your EMF reader after witnessing any ghost interaction. If it reaches level 5, note it down on your journal.
Bring a book from your truck and put it down in the room where the ghost activity is high. If the ghost writes on the book, that’s your sign! You can also take a photograph of the writing as it counts as photo evidence.
Easiest way to detect fingerprints is by bringing your UV light. The most reliable way to detect this is to check the doors, light switch, as well as the window where the activity happened.
Spirit Box is a tool to communicate with the ghost. The way it works is you ask the question to the ghost itself by using your mic and if it answers, that’s your clue. So don’t forget to write it!
There are 2 ways of detecting freezing temperatures, either with a thermometer or your foggy breath. Every ghost activity near you will drop the temperature to at least 5C. HOWEVER, it only counts as freezing temperature if it reaches -10C
Ghost orb is a very small orb that glides across the screen. It is visible through the camera or head camera. It can appear early when you are preparing, so be wary of this and note it down on your journal!
You need to find 3 of this Evidence to determine which ghosts you’re currently identifying. After finding 3 of the evidence, you can select the Ghost Type on your Journal. Here’s the Phasmophobia Ghost Type you can encounter during your ghost hunt :
- Spirit: Ghost Writing, Fingerprints, Spirit Box
- Wraith: Fingerprints, Spirit Box, Freezing Temperatures
- Phantom: EMF Level 5, Freezing Temperatures, Ghost Orb
- Poltergeist: Fingerprints, Spirit Box, Ghost Orb
- Banshee: EMF Level 5, Fingerprints, Freezing Temperatures
- Jinn: EMF Level 5, Spirit Box, Ghost Orb
- Mare: Spirit Box, Freezing Temperatures, Ghost Orb
- Revenant: EMF Level 5, Ghost Writing, Fingerprints
- Shade: EMF Level 5, Ghost Writing, Ghost Orb
- Demon: Ghost Writing, Spirit Box, Freezing Temperatures
- Yurei: Ghost Writing, Freezing Temperatures, Ghost Orb
- Oni: EMF Level 5, Ghost Writing, Spirit Box
And that’s it! Be warned that every type of ghosts on Phasmophobia behaves differently. So, proceed with caution. Happy Hunting!